EGLOSHAYLE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting held at Shuttleworth Hall Egloshayle on Tuesday 17th April 2018 at 7.30 p.m.
Cllrs Davey (Chairman), Baker, Collis, Eddy, Howard, Nicholas, Oram, Varcoe, Warne & C.Cllrs Knightley, McHugh & Rushworth & Situ8 representative.
Apologies – Cllr. Hurst.
456. Public Session
Comments from Situ8 regarding updates re PA17/03837 application, including consultees responses and noting that the site was not supported by the NHP but a comment would be made via the NHP consultation process. It was noted that Minute 451 from the March Meeting was not agended and would go forward to the May Meeting.
Cllr Knightley confirmed todays C.C. decision to grant funds of £3m. to the Cornish Stadium project.
A large copy of the NHP Plan had been produced as a briefing aid.
457. Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Resolved that Minutes of the Meeting on Tuesday 20th March 2018 be approved as a correct record.
Proposed Cllr Varcoe & seconded Cllr Collis.
458. Declarations of Interests/Dispensation Requests – None
The Chairman agreed to bring forward Agenda 6 (Planning)to facilitate attendees.
459. Planning Notices
PA17/03837 – OPP Residential - Land West of Wadebridge Primary School - the proposed site occupies an area designated by Wadebridge Town Council as agricultural land and is not in accordance with the emerging Neighbourhood Plan There are concerns over visual impact, no school provision within a 106 agreement and noise constraints from the Daften Industrial units at Trevilling. No effective highway improvements were achievable as a standalone development, accessing the “Rock Road”, A39 and Trenant unless adjoining proposed sites to the North provided a new link road. Observations to be submitted to the Planning Officer and accordingly we remain unable to support the application.
PA18/02911 – Lower Burlorne – Bldg demolition & replacement dwelling – supported by the Parish.
(Cllr Rushworth and Situ8 representative left the Meeting)
460 - Matters Arising
(a) NHP – next Public event this Thursday and Saturday and support from Cllrs agreed.
The Chairman referred to correspondence he had received from a W.T.C. Cllr and her exchanges with the Town Mayor which indicated disrespect for that Office and indeed behaviour not expected from a Cllr. A clear intention to disrupt the NHP Planning process.
In March 2017 WTC adopted Resolutions seeking the appointment of external, independent consultants to collate and analyse the responses to the Regulation 14 Consultation of the Wadebridge Area Neighbourhood Development Plan. More recently a responsible Officer of C.C. stated that it would be preferable for consultants already familiar with the NDP to carry out these tasks. In view of these conflicting opinions Parish Councillors, as equal partners in the NDP, considered it necessary to confirm their position on the matter. Accordingly the following resolutions were proposed as recommendations to the Steering Committee by Cllr Nicholas and seconded by Cllr Oram:
1) Having full confidence in the competence and impartiality of the existing Consultants, Paul Weston and Stuart Todd, who have supported and guided those involved in the process from the outset and thereforehave a total grasp of all aspects of the Plan, we are satisfied that they are the right people to collate and then prepare an objective analysis of all the responses to the Reg.14 consultation. To employ outsiders for this would both cause unnecessary delay and add to the costs.
2) In the same way we also have full confidence in the Steering Committee, established jointly by the three constituent Councils and whose members the Councils appoint, to review the Draft Plan in the light of responses received and then to revise the draft as they deem necessary and right. Such changes, of course, will have to be evidence-based and in conformity with the NPPF, the Cornwall Local Plan and all other applicable planning constraints. Thereafter the revised Draft Plan would need to be ratified by the three Councils.
3) We further support the recommendation of C.C. that Zoe Bernard-John be asked to confirm the analysis of responses as effective.
Agreed by all Councillors present
(b) Footpaths – response awaited from C.C. re Sladesbridge footpath and Ball “rails”.
(c) General Data Protection & Data Protection Officer – further advice awaited from CALC.
(d) B.T. Phonebox – notice of decommissioning awaited.
461. Payment of Accounts
(a) See Clean - Bus Shelter Maintenance £43.80
(b) CALC - Subscription £175.99
(c) Trudgeon & Halling - Audit Fee £88.44
(d) Clerks Salary Review and confirmation to continue in accordance with NJC Payscales 2018 & 2019
Proposed by Cllr Baker & seconded by Cllr Warne. Agreed.
462. Annual Accounts
Councillors reviewed the Annual Accounts and submissions and this was duly completed by the Chairman and Clerk, noting satisfactory internal audit.by the appointed Accountants.
(a) External Audit Exemption – Proposed Cllr Varcoe and seconded Cllr Eddy. Agreed
(b)Annual Governance Statement – Proposed Cllr Warne seconded Cllr Baker. Agreed.
(c)Accounting Statements – Proposed Cllr Warne seconded Cllr Baker. Agreed.
(d) Receipts & Payments, Summary, Reconciliation and Variances – Proposed by Cllr Varcoe and seconded by Clllr Collis. Agreed.
463. Correspondence Received
(a) Homes for Locals Seminar - circulated
(b) Localism Newsletter – circulated.
(c) CNP Meeting 19th April.
(d) NHP – March Newsletter - circulated
(e) Grasscutting Contract – Glendale cost review and discussed by Councillors noting no increase since 2009, apart from adjustment in late 2017 as a result of new Trenant area roundabouts. It was proposed by Cllr Oram and seconded by Cllr Eddy that the Clerk confirm seven monthly cuts (April-October) at £300 + vat per cut. Agreed.
464. Date of the next Meeting
Agreed next meeting on TUESDAY 15th May 2018 at 7.00 p.m. to be followed by
the Annual Parish Meeting.at 8.00 p.m.
465. Items for next Meeting –
1. Speed Check Bodieve and Sladesbridge
There being no further business the Chairman closed the Meeting at 21.10 p.m.